Thursday, August 05, 2004

Cartier-Bresson Dies at age 95

The New York Times reported today that "Frenchman Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the great photographers of the 20th century and a founding father of modern photojournalism, died at age 95 in the south of France on Monday."

Cartier-Bresson made a name for himself by capturing exceptional images in black and white at "what he called the `decisive moment'.''

During his career he travelled extensively, capturing important people and moments in the most poigniant or evocative moment.

To see some of his exceptional work, where composition, space, and black/white hues converge into a dream like image, visit Red List or Photology.

I modeled or patterned much of my photography after Bresson's style. Unfortunately a fire in the apartment above me on New Year's eve destroyed all my photos (including my award winning pictures), negatives and equipment, so I'm not able to show you any of my work. Instead, please visit his and I'll guarantee you'll be visually swept away.
google-site-verification: google0ae6c0eabbcf691f.html