Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alone Can Be


Reading other poets often inspires me, for in their poetic self-revelation I often find threads or remnants of myself. And while in that place I often find their words imbue my creativity. Jean's poem inspired me to write the words below:

Alone can be
disconcerting,
deafening and
uncomfortable.

That is, 
until you find 
yourself,
and create 
a space for 
loving,
nurturing and  
healing.

Alone can be 
a time for: 
adventure, 
exploration and
reflection.

It’s an adventure
to see 
how far 
this me 
can stretch
silently.

Its a time 
for me 
to explore 
and expand 
my soul
spiritually and  
creatively,

Its always 
a time 
for
learning, 
changing and
growing.

Alone,
is simply
the best time 
for me 
to become 
the best ME
I can possibly 
BE.

~ me ~
google-site-verification: google0ae6c0eabbcf691f.html