Tuesday, April 12, 2005

It Comes In Three's

They say that tragedy or death comes in three’s.

The first call came Sunday night letting me know that a friend I had made while living in Asia, had past-on during the night. I was saddened to hear the news but knowing how much he was suffering from cancer thought heaven was a much better place for him to be than in his body. May he finally rest in peace
This morning I received word that my aunt has slipped into a coma after a year of battling lung cancer and a brain tumor. I was really saddened to hear this news because I had been thinking of and wanting to see her these last 2 months. It’s because of her that there’s music in my soul. She taught me a great deal about music and even introduced me to some great Jazz legends, like Charlie Parker, Billie Holiday and Thelonious Monk. I can almost hear Billie’s Good Morning Heartache and Solitude in the background. They were two of her favorites. So as I pack up my portable player and Billie Holiday’s CD, I hope that I get to see her in time to say, Thank You and Good Bye.
To tell you the truth, I’m really praying for the old saying to be true: no news is good news.
Blogging and life will resume when I return. 
google-site-verification: google0ae6c0eabbcf691f.html